- Data/Business Analyst
Data/Business Analyst – Technology
Turner & Townsend is a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy business, recognised for the value and innovation we bring to every commission we undertake. From a global network of over 90 strategically located offices, we provide a full range of consultancy services designed to deliver effective solutions for clients in any sphere of private and public sector activity, anywhere in the world.
Our Technology Division is a highly successful and growing business unit, and as a result we are seeking to recruit a high performing, Senior level Analyst to enjoy a long term, successful career as we continue to be appointed on some of the UK's most prestigious projects.
Due to growing demand for our consultancy services we are seeking to recruit an experienced Data/ Business Analyst within the specialist Turner & Townsend Technology consulting team. The role involves supporting a wide range of projects of all sizes and dimensions and we are seeking an individual with a demonstrable track record of delivery in a consultancy environment.
- Providing technical expertise and support to non-experts
- Supporting and managing junior colleagues
- Developing multi-faceted reports with recommendations to senior management
- Development, analysis and maintenance of corporate datasets and reports
- Provide guidance and advice on data quality issues to a wide variety of data providers
- Develop / use, the mechanisms employed by clients to recharge manpower against projects.
- Responsible for visibility, accuracy and transparency of the project critical path
- Preparing presentation and other materials for client pitches.
- Inputting key information into the Turner & Townsend internal database tools.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an Data / Business Analyst
- A recognised expert, key point of contact for specific toolsets and skills
- Strong analytic and numeracy skills with the ability to understand and present data in different representations
- Demonstrable track record in Business Analysis; identifying requirements and documenting these using the appropriate types of tools and documentation
- End to end experience from project launch to ongoing operation of data, analytics and reporting projects in a lead role
- Ability to identify and run different business and model scenarios
- Strong communicator, (both written and verbal), to liaise with the client, contractors and designers
- Excellent capability in the use of Excel, Access and VBA with ability to write macros to create automated dashboards, graphs and tables
- A-Level equivalent in maths and/or computing.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of programme/project management ideally in the water / infrastructure sector
- PRINCE2 qualifications and/or experience gained
- Degree educated or equivalent in an analytic subject
- Understanding of Business Improvement Techniques
- Ability, or desire to learn, to programme in languages such as VBA and SQL.
Salary and Package
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications but the package will consist of an attractive base salary plus benefits.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.