- Associate Director
Turner & Townsend is a quality driven, international construction and management consultancy business, recognised for the value and innovation we bring to every commission we undertake. From a global network of over 90 strategically located offices, we provide a full range of consultancy services designed to deliver effective solutions for clients in any sphere of private and public sector activity, anywhere in the world.
Our Technology Division is a highly profitable and growing business unit, and as a result we are seeking to recruit a high performing, Associate level Project Consultant to enjoy a long term, successful career as we continue to be appointed on some of the UK's most prestigious projects.
Due to growing demand for our consultancy services we are seeking to recruit an experienced Associate Director for BIM. With a focus on delivering technology into major Real Estate and Infrastructure projects, and emphasis on aiding the growth of this busy division, we are seeking an individual with a demonstrable track record of delivery in a consultancy environment, as well as the ability to create and grow client relationships leading to increased revenue and an enhanced brand profile.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the London property market and develop an approach to deliver benefit for the client, project and project team
- Implement change within client organisations including Turner & Townsend and assist with upskilling to guide and mentor clients through the BIM process
- Create an environment for excellence and innovation within your team
- Support and influence the strategic direction for Turner & Townsend knowledge development with regards to BIM
- Mentor and support staff and project teams in model creation and project processes, ensuring correct data and data structure
- Advise project managers / project teams with regard to BIM and best digital practices
- Support the development of company BIM standards, and update as necessary
- Support R&D in identifying and implementing areas of new technology and process
- Provide support to the tender bidding teams in order to win future projects
- Provide support to tender bidding teams from a BIM perspective
- Continuing development of in-house BIM capabilities within Turner & Townsend's BIM team and support knowledge sharing within the organisation
- Regular meetings with the BIM team to share knowledge, recent experiences, ideas and mitigate risks so as to best serve the wider business and future projects
- Guide and support the team in terms of professional and personal development
- Efficiently and proactively plan and manage team resource to ensure services are delivered in a timely manner to the quality expected of a leading consultancy.
- Have an awareness of key risks and issues on projects within the region. Resolve issues where appropriate or report on these and escalate as necessary to the cost centre leader.
- Provide leadership to commission managers and team members to ensure they comply with corporate governance such as CMD, mandatory training, Contract Database, CEP and FMS.
Delivery and project support
- Understanding of design, BIM and procurement, and its application in planning and construction management
- Oversee the management of design and construction tasks
- Apply a proven systematic approach to problem solving and model development protocols
- Oversee the implementation of BIM, generally in accordance with BIM Level 2 standards where required in the UK.
- Provide a BIM management lead role for a project or series of projects
- Create and Distribute key action reports
- Chair or attend key strategic BIM meetings for projects
- Oversee administration of projects and commission management
Project Contribution Minimum Requirements
- Advise Turner & Townsend's project managers and project teams with regard to BIM best practices
- Oversee and interface with Design Team and Information managers to ensure information coordination
- Review and approve BIM documentation and strategic documents
- Understand and assess BIM competency of supply chains, clients and design teams
- Understand and navigate through Building Information Models (visual and detailed interrogation)
- Pay due diligence to security standards and confidentiality agreements
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable approach to process development, management and implementation within a business
- Deliver quality and innovate effectively
- Working knowledge of UK government BIM Standards and guidelines
- Proven experience in multidisciplinary working practices and interdependencies
- Enthusiastic and positive team player - Giving the project team confidence in the use of BIM and other digital practices
- Up to date knowledge of technology and interoperability standards / good all round technical knowledge and enthusiasm
- Proven experience in client facing skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Understanding of design, procurement and its application in planning and construction management
- Excellent Communicator - ability to provide clear guidance to the whole project team, in order to coordinate a successful outcome
- Experience in writing clear, concise requirements and documentation
- Ability to demonstrate experience & knowledge of BIM authoring tools
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a forward thinking approach to project delivery
Salary and Package
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications but the package will consist of an attractive base salary plus benefits including a car/car allowance.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.