Senior Cost Manager, Data Centres, Dublin
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading Cost consultancy providers and has a high calibre MEP team, who both support the Real Estate team on comissions, as well as running their own comissions. Using our skills, processes and knowledge, we provide industry leading services to our clients. Our extensive experience and databank of information enables us to provide a proactive, value added service to our market leading client base.
Each commission has its own unique challenges and requires sector expertise, thus providing individuals with the opportunity of developing their knowledge, experience and skills whilst taking the lead on an immediate high profile project within the EMEA region.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To perform the role of Senior Cost Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, on a multi-million pound new build development.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
- To Take the lead on pre and post contract duties on a major new build and refurbishment programme of works.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan on major developments.
- Taking ownership for and managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying/Cost Management within MEP
- Strong understanding of NEC form of contracts
- Experience of pre and post contract Quantity Surveying duties from a Consultancy, Main Contractor or Client side background
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 90 offices in 38 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets.